NEWS, AWARDS & PRESS
The Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa would like to share the activities and events going on at the Inn and around our town. Please see below for our news, press and other local activities. Bookmark this page and return often to keep in touch.
- Catania Hospitality Group Timeline ~ text only (pdf)
- Catania Hospitality Group Timeline ~ with photos (pdf)
IN THE NEWS
- May 2014
TripAdvisor is proud to recognize The Dan'l Webster for earning the prestigious 2014 Certificate of Excellence award. The Certificate of Excellence is awarded to businesses that rank in the top 10% worldwide for traveler feedback.
- November 2013
The 18 Essential Cape and Islands Hotels
(November 11, 2013, by Jazmine Donaldson, Curbed)
In today's new release of Curbed's Hotel 18 map, we're once again tackling the question, "Where should I stay on the Cape and Islands?" Read more...
- September 2013
Young girls get royal treatment at Princess Tea
(September 9, 2013 by Amy Anthony, Cape Cod Times)
For a day, the garden and dining room at the Dan'l Webster Inn was transformed into Paris. For the little girls who attended the princess tea party, it was heaven. Read more...
- August 2013
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa named a "Green Leader" Hotel by TripAdvisor. Click here to learn more.
- July 2013
Dan'l Webster wins Judge's Choice Gourmet Category in the "Best Sandwich in Sandwich" event. Read more...
- TripAdvisor is proud to recognize The Tavern at Dan'l Webster for earning the prestigious 2013 Certificate of Excellence award. The Certificate of Excellence is awarded to businesses that rank in the top 10% worldwide for traveler feedback.
- We are proud to have again received Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, an award bestowed upon us since 1987. We are one ofjust 7 restaurants across Cape Cod to receive this honor. This prestigious award recognizes lists that offer a well-chosen selection of quality producers, along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style. Typically, these lists offer at least 100 selections.
- June 2013
Dan'l Webster wins Wicked Local Reader's Choice Awards!
In the 2013 Wicked Local Reader's Choice poll, the Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa was recognized by winning the following awards:
- Best FINE DINING in Sandwich
- Best DAY SPA & MASSAGE in Sandwich
- Dan'l Webster wins Silver and Gold!
In the 2013 Cape Cod Life Reader's poll, the Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa was recognized in the Upper Cape area by winning the following awards:
- SILVER: Resort/Hotel
- GOLD: Day Spa
- May 2013
TripAdvisor is proud to congratulate Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa on earning the prestigious 2013 Certificate of Excellence award for the 3rd year in a row. TripAdvisor travelers consistently commend the Dan'l Webster Inn with the highest praise, and we recognise your 4.5 rating as an exceptional achievement.
- Great Breakfast Meals and Where To Find Them, by Cape Cod Magazine Dan'l Webster is selected for "Best French Toast Flavor"
- Where to Eat - Best Restaurants on Cape Cod, by Cape Cod Magazine
- September 2012
MOTT recognizes Cape family's commitment to hospitality
On September 20, William, Debra and Steve Catania of the Catania Hospitality Group received the Larry D. Meehan Award at the 25th annual Governor's Conference on Travel and Tourism at the Big E in Springfield, MA.
- July 2012
For Cape artists, the menu is the venue
Diners at the Dan'l Webster Inn can peruse the dinner menus for swordfish, prime rib and Atlantic salmon. But they also might be gazing at a local artist's watercolor painting, photography or abstract presentation.
- September 2011
Cape Cod: In fall, it's short on tourists but long on pleasures—waves, cranberries, postcard-perfect towns and food that's literally off the hook
(By Jeff Chu, September 3, 2011, Wall Street Journal)
- July 2011
Dan'l Webster Inn changes its vibe with music series
(By Kathryn Eident, July 27, 2011, InsideOUT Cape Cod)
Known for its high-quality food, luxurious spa amenities and well-appointed guest rooms, the Dan'l Webster Inn and Spa in Sandwich might not be first on your list for great music venues. Read more...
- Sandwich Boardwalk rated number 8 by National Geographic
Destroyed in 1991 by Hurricane Bob, the 1,350-foot (411-meter) boardwalk in Sandwich—the oldest town on Cape Cod—was rebuilt with support from locals... Read more...
- An Old Town for All Ages: Camp, walk, see its history, ride a carousel
(By Ellen Albanese, Globe Correspondent July 13, 2011)
This seaside town, the oldest on Cape Cod, has something for everyone: beaches for swimmers, marshes for kayakers, gardens for walkers, museums and galleries for browsers, and restaurants for every type of diner. It's a great family destination, with activities for children from tots to teens, including rainy-day escapes. Read more...
- Read a review by the Family Vacation Critic.com
- Dan'l Webster Inn offers Gluten Free Menu (pdf)
- April 2011
The Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa Earns Recertification "INN" Quality Assurance From Prestigious Trade Association (pdf)
- September 2010
Dan'l Webster Inn offers exquisite meals in charming setting
(by Gwen Friss, Cape Cod Times) We try to end our hectic summers with a nice family dinner before the kids head back to school. Since we had lobsters at a picnic table last August, I looked for a place this year that was fancy enough to require forks but not sports jackets.
- June 2009
Barnstable County announces latest restaurant participating in healthy dining program
Cape Cod Cooperative Extension is pleased to announce Sandwich's Dan'l Webster Inn as the most recent restaurant to participate in the Barnstable County BestBites program.